Wednesday, October 19, 2016

MY SUPER POWER IS I CAN SMELL CHEERIOS THRU THE BOX…

Here’s a weird thing –I have been basically no carbs ( 30 a day) Since Oct 26th 2015 – and NO grains since that day either. I have not cheated – gone off this way of eating. So the other morning my husband had eaten Cheerios – Honey Nut Cheerios and I came to the breakfast table with my eggs and bacon (can I just say YUMMY??!!)
Anyway As I sat at the table I swear I could smell those Cheerios right thru the box.  My husband had finished eating already so I didn’t smell his bowl full. Nope I smelled those little round O’s right thru the waxed paper bag in the closed cardboard box.
Folks I was jonesing for some Cheerios – some crunchy cereal… I have walked thru the stores and smelled candy thru the wrappers – no not like sniffing candy wrappers but seeing a candy wrapper or a food box and the smell of it comes back to me! 
Now I could get all sciency and try and explain the olfactory system and how smells and memory work but face it we fatties already know about that. What I never realized is that -just as my body remembers  how to walk up steps( seriously have you ever walked up steps that are smaller than normal or all the same but one is a bit off? ) It also remembers the smells of the food I used to love.
I don’t even have to actually smell it to conjure up that beautiful odor of chocolate bars or Carmel apples.
BUT here is the thing – My body is so much better off without all that junk. Yes I miss it, but frankly I wouldn’t exchange my Non scale and scale victories for another bite of anything!!
 I have made a list of Non Scale Victories such as:
  • ·         My Constant Planter fasciitis – gone
  • ·         My inflammation in my knees and body – gone
  • ·         I can walk and breathe at the same time (no seriously!!)
  • ·         The pin pricks of nerves as I am trying to sleep -gone 




Just to name a few – But God is good all the time and He keeps me from these things!! 

No comments: