Friday, December 16, 2016

Hey Kids it is almost Christmas!!!

oh my goodness I am loving the Christmas season!! I have not always loved it...back in the day with mu Mom and Dad's divorce -- 2 houses 4-6 Christmases . Sounds fun right? NO!! I always just wanted to be at home with my mom and dad. That was never to be again.

My senior year of High School in my own apt -- loneliest Christmas EVER! coming home to my own little Christmas tree after Christmas Eve -with my Grandma Midkiff ... in fact I am not even sure what I did on Christmas day. I do believe tears were involved.

Then came Scott marriage and kids and Christmas came alive again, Jesus birthday Santa and presents! All such great stuff!! But even with all of that there was still a small longing in my heart for something...not sure what. I filled that longing with chocolate and cookies and sweets.

Fast forward to my children as adults. So hard to no longer have Santa moments. BUT WAIT! Not true!! I told my adult children you want presents? then you must believe!!! And Believe they did!! Just for their mama! Well and for presents!!

Now we have GRANDCHILDREN! 4 of the cutest lil boys ever! and in Feb a little girl is due! Christmas has once again gained it's magic. Of Jesus birthday and Santa!
and as Grandma I get to teach a new generation about the magic of a baby Jesus born in a manger and of Santa who see's you when your sleeping and knows when your awake!!

We are our children's Santa we do not buy huge things for the Grand little's... Nope that is for their Santa mommy's and daddy's to do, But I can say I once again have the happy childlike heart of Christmas - mostly because of Jesus who is living in my heart.




No comments: