Thursday, October 13, 2016

Wow it's been a long time since posting...

Most of my post's have been about losing weight - needing wanting yet not succeeding in losing weight.
That has changed ----Last June 2015  I was put on a long lasting daily insulin shot my fasting blood sugars were at 258-- after a month of shots they kept raising the amount but my blood sugar also kept raising it was now 268 my in office A1C was 9. I couldn't walk due to the inflammation in my body - I couldn't breathe life was hard and getting harder.

Sept 27th in the Sunday Star was an article that I believe has saved my life.
Study:low-carb, high-fat diet fights bulge, disease -(Sept 27,2015 By Shari Rudavsky)  it was about this study going on in Lafayette IN - thru IU Arnett  hospital - a 2 year diet study for diabetics . I called the number and never mentioned it to Scott at all. I mean sheesh why - this is just another of Kim's weight loss schemes. Anyway I made the appointment to go hear about it - went to Lafayette by myself-  made the appointments to go back for blood testing and such to see if I qualified for the study- I DID!
Then I talked to Scott told him what it was about and all. He said ok! anything to help you.

I will take a moment to say I have the kindest most loving husband in the world!!

So this study they talked about induction and onboarding... sounded like a science fiction movie -- I told a few friends I would NOT onboard if there was a space ship!!! LOL But that- onboarding was where we went back after our blood-work -received the results (OMG look for another post on THAT!) and received our study materials -which included a special Virta Scale that sends our weight to the cloud - the Virta App on our phones - a food scale and blood pressure cuff and the ever delightful Blood/Ketone testing kit. and our food list -(ha that is a post unto itself!)

So how does this work you ask?? We are to weigh daily and check our blood sugars and ketones - they are trying to see how dietary ketosis works  with blood sugar and then they go all sciency on us -
lets suffice it to say I loose weight not being in ketosis -- so I am of course going to be THAT Person in this study!!! LOL

So my 1 year is coming up -October 26 is my onboarding date  as of today tho I am at -81#
yup an 81 pound weight-loss-- I have gone from a 58 in waist to a 49 inch waist  that is 9 inches of FAT off of my waistline!! My fasting Blood sugars have gone from 268 down to this mornings 128 I am no longer on insulin nor the glipazide that I have taken for over 10 years. I am also off of 2 of my 4 Blood pressure meds.

It is incredible!! my energy levels are high my pain levels are low I am sleeping well - and the food is great!!! I have a whole list of NSV - non scale victory's!

I have a low carb high fat cheese cake I make that is out of this world - I eat sausage and eggs every morning for breakfast - some days I actually skip meals!! yes you heard me I  SKIP whole meals!!!
so ok now that my life is a changing that will be some of the focus of my blog... have I got some great stories to share!!!

peace out!

No comments: